The New Year's Eve Goals on Cafe World

I've been playing Cafe World for some time now and the recent catering goal for New Year's Eve has done nothing but pissed me off. You have to complete 8 goals to unlock the dishes that you need to cook for the quest and if you're playing the game, I suggest you complete the goals before you start the catering quest.

Each of the 8 goals requires you to hound your friends with gift requests. This is a cooking game, not a gifting game. If the quests had been "cook x dishes", then I would understand and not complain at all, but they were not. If I'm not mistaken one of the early goals was to prepare a dish, but that was the only quest having anything to do with cooking.

Since the game is supposed to be about cooking, then why do we have to hound friends? Because zynga wants to gather as many players as possible, but it seems to me that they are just pissing people off.

Over the last couple of weeks, I have noticed on my Facebook Newsfeed that many of my Cafe World neighbors have complained in their statuses about several issues with the game. I can't say that I blame any of them, but it's not like zynga will take notice. They just keep pumping out unfinished quests and tasks such as the coffee machine and cooking academy, with us players in the hopes that one day we'll be able to finish them.

I have completed all 8 goals and I finished the NYE catering with a two star rating, but I've started to become so neutral toward the game that I don't care that I didn't get the NYE monument. Truly, I have enjoyed it, but the changes zynga makes aren't changes they SHOULD be making. They need to update the recipe book without people having to hound friends to "earn" the recipe. Zynga needs to finish the other tasks they've started before adding other stuff. And it's my hope that in the next year, Zynga finds the technology to make Cafe World full screen. Until then, my desire for Cafe World wanes... :(